GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Truck was dogging out under pressure read just under 50 psi

Customer Question

Truck was dogging out under pressure read just under 50 psi would start right up got hot and now won't start and idle. Got new fuel filter.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Truck was dogging out under pressure.now won't start and idle read just under 50psi with key on.it got warm and now just won't start and idle it always started right up even with fuel pressure under 50psi
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New fuel filter made sure I was getting fuel to rail but can't really tell if it was enough
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: It got a little hot is when it quit no water in oil no white smoke out exhaust no sign of blown head gasket
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** am a factory trained GM technician and i will be happy to assist you with your vehicle. What is the year make and module of your truck? This is so i can look up the correct information for your vehicle.