Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Will I have a 2004 Chevy impala that I brought a year or so...it

Customer Question

Will I have a 2004 Chevy impala that I brought a year or so...it had a after market radio in it...I installed a used factory cd,cassette,rds stereo in my vehicle and it's locked...need a code or something...dealer is charging me around$69.95 to program it to my vehicle etc...PLEASE HELP!!!!
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm hoping...stealer dealers..L.o.L.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No other than when I bought vehicle it had after market radio and I'm installed factory so I can program two keyless remotes etc..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
2004 has NO Customer Input for UnlockYou have to have GM Dealer UNLOCK via GM Scan Tool & ComputerNO other wayapprx 1 hour laborCustomer Codes stopped in 2001 & GM is the only way Radios can be UNLOCKED.There are some Sellers that sell "UNLOCKED" Radios once you give them your V.I.N.sorry for the bad news but that is absolute...........I am GM Electronics for over 25 yearsIF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$69.95 to unlock radio...stealership..L.o.L.