Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.

Passlock 2007 colorado JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

passlock 2007 colorado
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: started up and drove this morning no dash lights got to work shut off tried to restart security light no start
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no code
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chevy Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: only starting
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 months ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Not sure what you have tried.......Leave the vehicle "undisturbed" for at least 14 Minutes.Unlock VehicleTry StartingIF the Security Light is "still on", then you can try a "Relearn", but it is not a guaranty that it will work30-Minute Learn Procedure1.Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.2.Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.3.Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes , the telltale will turn OFF.4.Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .5.Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes . The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.6.Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password..The above has to be done "EXACTLY" as posted.IF there still is an issue, then use of GM Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Programapprx 1 hour labor.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service.
did you need more information?please respond or rate my answerthank you