mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Not getting fuel to flow. I've alreadydid the deal kit for

Customer Question

Not getting fuel to flow. I've alreadydid the deal kit for primer pump but I let it sit. I can have it start with ether but that's it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No fuel flowing, is it the pressure
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yep
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Seal kit for primer pump. It's losing pressure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I've gotgote juice with attitude
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.
what year model and engine size is this chevy?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2002 2500HD 6.6 turbo diesel with the juice with attitude
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
4we four door silverado
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
4wd sorry
for one starting a diesel with ether is very dangerous to the engine. sounds like your fuel system needs to be primed diesel notoriously are hard to prime without a manual pump. a trick you can do to help get the engine idling for some time is take a rag and soak it in gasoline and just lay it on the air filter the engine will run on the gas vapors for a very long time and allow the system to prime the high pressure pump.