Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Crank no start 2015 Chevy 3500 6.6 duramax past issues of shutting

Customer Question

Crank no start 2015 Chevy 3500 6.6 duramax past issues of shutting off but cranked back up
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Tried to start my truck last night it started I put it in reverse and it shut off and hasn't cranked since checked prime and diesel flows from bottom of filter when primed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bleeding line I tried a spray of starting fluid just to see if it was fuel or electrical issue it fired for second had engine code p262b also
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Its at 28000 miles and a daily driver the issue with shutting off has happened few times before but always has cranked back up until this time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect the battery cables and connections at the batter(ies) as well as where the cables run and connect to including fuse panels for any issues.If any issues are found with the cables or connections this will need repaired to correct this fault here.The code is for a control module power loss issue here.Inspect the engine wiring harness as well on the engine for any damage needing repaired.If these are or were checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete