K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

Chevrolet Cruze: My cars stick shifter is constantly having

Customer Question

My cars stick shifter is constantly having trouble shifting into gears. I always have to shift it up and down and all around to make the car drive mooth otherwise it either won't go into gear or it will drive so slowly and the engine sounds like it's going to blow up. Any idea what's wrong with this? The dealer replaced the clutch disc and the transmission so that's not the issue. It's a chevrolet cruze, 2011 manual. The stick shifter feels so loose also.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 5 months ago.
Hello, it could be one of two things or a combination of both. There are shift cables that may be stretched and out of adjustment (requires special dealer tools to adjust) or the bushings in the shifter assembly may be worn (most likely) Adjustment of the cables would be around an hour labor. Replacing the shifter assembly would be 1.1 hours labor plus parts (you would need to consult dealer for price)