Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Anti-theft how to reset it? JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

anti-theft how to reset it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my son tried to hook up a stereo amp. to the aftermarket kenwood stereo is when the problems started.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes please
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: switch on for ten min. turn it off then back on for another 10 min then off again then back on for another 10 min. then it started but the gages would no t work and the lights were going crazy and the lock out simble on the dash is on.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: not that I can think of right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 months ago.
Year?Make?Model?Engine?of vehicle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2004 chevy Silverado LS 4x4 4.8
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
and when I applied the 4 ways light up on the dash. I've also gone thru the fuses and didn't find any blown. is there one for the anti-theft?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
applied the brake
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.Do you have a voltmeter? I am attaching a VTD learn procedure. Make sure you have 12 volts in the battery before performing the learn/