Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

99 Chevy Tahoe lost Keys trying to get tumblers out JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

99 Chevy Tahoe lost Keys trying to get tumblers out
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: lost keys to ignition 99 Chevy Tahoe want to get the ignition out and put new in can't turn ignition to push the button in
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: get want to tear the center of the ignition out to try to get it out just wondering if there's an easier way to push that pin in the slide out out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: nope just trying to help a friend lost her keys
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
since it will not turn to align the pin you need to visually look at the new lock cylinder and visually see where the pin would be and then take an 1/8 drill and drill a small hole in the outer lock case then using a pick or small alenn wrench push down to push in the pin to release the ignition lock cylinderyou can always get me back for FREE through this post even after you rate us hereif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I still haven't located the pen by drilling it can I go to the center of the ignition
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
yes just drill until you find the pin to release it
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer