CHRIS ZAPANTIS
CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
Experience:  AUTO TECH at G&M EXXON
83135375

I got the old switch off but cable that runs down to

Customer Question

I got the old switch off but for a cable that runs down to the fire wall it doesn't want to come off the old switch
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's a cable that is attached to the bottom of the old switch and goes on the new one the cable has a red plastic piece to can't get it to come loose
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pushing it through the back pulling it the cable has a elect plug I unplugged it still won't come out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: The key wouldn't turn tried to just buy the tumbler with keys but not sold that way just need to tell me how to get cable out
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy Scarlett replied 7 months ago.
Hello,my name is***** and I would like to try to help with your problem. I am going to need some more information before I can. What year and model Chevrolet is the car? What switch are you trying to replace?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
94cavalier ignition switch a cable that is attached to the bottom how do I get it off so I can put it on the new one
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So can u help me figure my problem out
Are you talking about the wires connected to the ignition lock cylinder? If so the wires do not disconnect from the switch they have to be disconnected at the other end.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The pic doesn't show the cable I'm wanting to take off and if the cable has to b disconnected at the other end it still has to come off the switch
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If it doesn't come off where does it disconnect it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My thing is why do I need to pay for a phone call
Is this a standard shift Cavalier?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I don't need ur help
I am really sorry, my internet went down and I had trouble getting it back up. I had done some research prior and as I thought the other end, not the key, is just in a bushing and should come out. Sometimes it takes a little jiggling.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don't need ur help any more stop texting me no more emails plez
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 7 months ago.
to get that cable out the switch has to be in the run position thats all. Put in key turn to run and remove cable.
Im chris by the way let me know what happens.
If you are happy with my answer please rate so i can get credit for my time.