Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Hiya Pearl. I'm Tom Picarella. I have an '04 Suburban and the

Customer Question

Hiya Pearl. I'm Tom Picarella. I have an '04 Suburban and the A/C frequently blows hot air on the passenger side, but works fine on the driver side. Also, probably a separate issue, but the rear A/C has now stopped working.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Optimally. All service before has been by the dealer, but its LONG out of warranty, and I'm hoping to take care of it myself this time.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Thats it for the moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
is the ac refrigerant full to spec ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sir...A/C blows great...but only on driver's side.
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
with just the drivers side AC working nice and cold and the passenger NOT cold the issue will be the passenger side tempo actuator that would need to be replacedthe right actuator is a big job to change it is a 6 hour job to do as the complete dash needs to be removed to replace that actuator# ***** in this picture is the temp actuator that needs to be replaced once the dash is removedif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer