Derek Werner
Derek Werner, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1 Advanced level specialist
61695331

I recently replaced my fuel pump but my truck stalled about

Customer Question

I recently replaced my fuel pump but my truck stalled about 5 miles down the road just after replacing it
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: I am still getting the P025a and P069e codes
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I replaced the fuel pump control module yesterday and I am now getting 4 codes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replacing the fuel pump and fuel pump control module
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: it is a 2009 Silverado 1500 LT extended cab
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** am a factory trained GM technician and i will be happy to assist you with your vehicle. What engine is in your truck so i can look up the correct wiring diagram?What are the 4 codes you are getting after replacing the fuel pump control module? Thanks Derek W
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Engine: 5.3L Gas (non FLEX)
Codes: P025a, P0602, P0230, P069e
Is the Fuel pump control module new?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I just replaced it yesterday
Ok great, unfortunately you need to have the new Fuel Pump Control Module programmed with the correct software for your vehicle. This is the first step that needs to be done before you should fault trace any other of the codes. A P0602 indicates the module was not programmed. All dealerships can program the FPCM for around 80 dollars.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks Derek, have a good day
P025a and P069e codes are usually always fixed by the two parts that you have already replaced. If every thing else is ok then your truck should run normally after the module gets programmed. If you could kindly rate my service it would be very appreciated so i can receive credit. I will continue to work with you even after rated, and get notifications about any other questions you may have. I only strive for excellent service, Thank you for being a great customer.Derek W