GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Air bag light and service air bag message 04 Yukon JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

air bag light and service air bag message 04 Yukon
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was rear ended not hardly any damage but my slt auto rise has stopped working and my service air bag message is on and the airbag light
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can get the proper information and see if there are any Service Bulletins?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1GKEK13Z94J148975
The Supplemental Inflatable Restraint System(SIR) will need to be scanned to determine what codes are in the system. You can check with your local parts stores like AutoZone, they usually do it for free. After you have the code(s) I can better assist you in the diagnosis for the light. Does the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message come on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no service ride control message does not come on just service air bag and the air bag light and my auto rise stopped working
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have taken it to advance and the only codes that came up were p-oo1or something like that lean on bank 1
That code is in the Engine computer. Do they have a code reader that will do the Air bag system?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no
Where was vehicle hit?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes I was rear ended but not hardly any damage a scratch under my bumper my hitch took the blunt of it
Any damage on drivers side rear?
Did light come on right after being hit?When did Auto Ride stop working?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the air bag light came on after the rear end and my auto ride stopped working
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no visible damage except scratches under bumper on black piece
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
damaged the other vehicle but my hitch saved mine
Both systems will require a Scan tool that has the ability to access them to get the codes to properly diagnose the problem.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
could the rear end impact cause these problems?
It is possible that the impact could have jarred a sensor if it was hit hard enough. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****