Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Service four wheel drive service air bag service brake system

Customer Question

Service four wheel drive service air bag service brake system and service traction control alarms on dash instrument panel comes on but nothing works truck will not crank no click nothing even with jumper cables on it nothing happens ??????
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's what's happening my truck will not crank tried everything and got a lot of Alarms on the dash ???????
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced batt checked all fuses tested starter tested crank sensor
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: It's a 2009 Silverado with 150000 miles with the 4.8 liter v8
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Do these warning lights remain on while the key is on?Do the headlights shine bright and remain bright while trying to start?With the key on, at the starter is the large wire showing 12.6 volts? If you touch a jumper wire from the starter large wire to the small wire also connected to the solenoid, does the engine crank and start?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris