GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2012 Chevy Traverse with 92k miles. JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Chevy Traverse with 92k miles.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The problem I am having is that it misfires and sputters when I go up an incline or when I am accelerating from 20-40 mph.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My husband will fix it..
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: We had 6 new coils put in about two months ago, so we know it can't be the coils.. I am reading on blogs about a "reflash" or bad spark plug wires as the solution and problem..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
I am very sorry for the long waitdoes it set any codes ?any access to a scan tool to see live computer data ?