GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2010 HHR. The high beam headlights keep blinking

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2010 HHR. The high beam headlights keep blinking on an off and I have no control. I parked the car and the high beams won't go off. How can I shut them off until I can get to repair so they don't run down the battery?
JA: Working headlights are essential for a safe drive. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have just the tips you need for a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if I can.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Switching between high beam and low beam.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I've noticed the high beams seem to start blinking when I make a left turn. From their I have no control. Now they won't go off when the engine is off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Hello Im chris and I will assist you. What engine is in that car so I can pull up the schematic?