GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

When you turn the key, fuel gauge goes up 5-10 seconds

Customer Question

When you turn the key, fuel gauge goes up for about 5-10 seconds then goes back to empty, and there is fuel in the tank.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Same problem-When you turn the key, fuel gauge goes up for about 5-10 seconds then goes back to empty, and there is fuel in the tank.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: |Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?