Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4: i999 Tahoe will not start most of the

Customer Question

i999 Tahoe will not start most of the time yet it seems to want to. Have replaced in tank fuel pump & ign. switch. I cannot hear the fuel pump cut in when it dosnot start.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Just to make sure it will always crank just not start?Have you done a fuel pressure test when this happens to confirm its a fuel pump concern?Can you do pressure testing and electrical testing?Once it starts does it run fine or does it stall?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No fuel pressure when it is not starting.
ThanksOnce it starts does it run fine or does it stall?Can you do electrical testing?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It seem to run fine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
cannot do electrical test.
ThanksSingle or duel fuel tanks?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
single
Thanks, ***** ***** not able to do any electrical testing on the pump, wiring, and relay. Are you asking what can possibly be to blame rather than how to diagnose?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What could be to blame?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you still there?
Below is the circuit diagram just in case you want to look over it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/99tahoepump.pdfThe fuel pump needs power and ground to work. So when not working but the key is on, we need to see what the pump is missing. If its the ground then it can be a poor connection on the chassis. If its power then checking the relay is next. It can be a poorly seated ECMB fuse, faulty relay contacts, poor ground connection for the relay ground, or a vehicle control module signal to the cluster concern. If the pump is getting power and ground then the pump is to blame.So the possible causes are:pumprelaypoor ground connectionsVCMpoorly seated fuse. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Do you need more assistance?
Are you still there?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris