GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

My S10 only starts on the third or fourth try JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

My S10 only starts on the third or fourth try
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just replace the fuel pump and fuel filter and the battery on the truck trying to figure out this problem the fuel doesn't appear to be priming when I first start up in the morning if I spray a little starting fluid in it it fires right up in the morning but if I run to the store and I'm in the store for a couple of hours I can come out and start the truck right up so only when it sits overnight that it doesn't want to start up on the first shot
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter and put some fuel injector cleaner in the system
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: That's about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.What year and engine size in that S10?