John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience
19563796

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER STOPPED WORKING.. NO GAUGES, SPEEDO OR ODOMETER

Customer Question

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER STOPPED WORKING.. NO GAUGES, SPEEDO OR ODOMETER EITHER
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: AT FIRST THOUGHT IT POSSIBLY A RELAY..MAYBE A BODY CONTROL MODULE. JUST STARTED HAPPENING..GOES OUT FOR A DAY OR TWO AND THEN COMES BACK ON FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm HANDY AND KNOW SOME STUFF
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: 268,000 MILES...LOVE THIS TRUCK! 4.8 LITER AUTO TRANS 2WD
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** pretty common on the 2000-2005 trucks (I don't see the year of your truck) and can happen on other years as well. They fail in all kinds of ways, speedo quits, oil pressure gauge flips, quits all together... The problem is in the printed circuit board in the cluster. GM has a rebuild exchange program. I think they are about $250 and they will program the mileage in for you. You need to remove the cluster and read them the numbers off the back. Then they order one, exchange it for your old one, you put it in and done.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Just following up to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance. If you have found my information helpful then please rate me with a positive rating so I get credit for my time. Thank you.