Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I just replaced the reservoir heater in my DEF tank on my 2014

Customer Question

I just replaced the reservoir heater in my DEF tank on my 2014 Silverado. The check engine light is off but the "service exhaust fluid, speed reduced to 4MPH" will not reset. Is there a manual way to reset it or how do I get the warning to reset?
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a P21DD code and replaced the reservoir heater. The engine light is now off. I drove the truck for about 10 miles to see if it would reset itself like it normally does. It didn't. Now I'm down to 5 miles before going to 4MPH.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: 125,000 miles on it. Never had a mechanical problem of any sort.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Using a compatible scan tool, perform the reductant fluid tank level reset procedure.Using a compatible scan tool, perform the reductant system data reset procedure.If the reset procedure does not work, reprogram the ECM, even if the latest software is in it. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris