GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Truck won't start when it rains.. Does the voltage have to

Customer Question

Truck won't start when it rains.. Does the voltage have to be 14.3 or better to send the correct signals?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Truck has 187,000 miles changed distrubor cap 3 times? Is there a crank sensor to check?maybe the coil? Changed alternator 7 years ago.maybe not keeping battery charge enough?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.. Like to wrench..
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Put new battery in..was OK till it rains, and sits for a day?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: The voltage gage in truck shows less than 14 Volt's could this be part of the issue?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!