GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu LT. Upon starting the car, all

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu LT. Upon starting the car, all indicator lights on the dash lit as always, but when they went out, the engine light remained on. I checked the fit of the gas cap but the light remained on, although the cap DID feel a little loose.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: I do not have the code.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Chevy Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No!
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Not at this time. Thanx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.
Hi,At this point really the only thing you can do is have the vehicle's computer scanned for trouble codes. The check engine light can illuminate for thousands of reasons. The check engine light simply indicates a fault in one of a hundred systems. Do you have access to a scan tool? Most parts stores will scan for codes for free.
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.
Hi,Did you still need help with this? I never received a response.