John, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant, 22 years professional experience
19563796

Trying to start it wont start unless i hit the accelerter and

Customer Question

trying to start it wont start unless i hit the accelerter and then stalls. one of the wires attached to the throttle seems to have broken off assembly it was attached to
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: no trying to start it stalls
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: what is the assembly called that hold s the tension wires for the throttle
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes my parents are stuck right now
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing trying to figure out the part so i can understand what it does and see if i need to replace it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: there are two tension wires going to throttle assembly one seem to clip onto the front armeture the clip broke. also doesn't feel like there's any tension on the wire and it goes into a housing with two electronic harnesses by the upper right when you open the hood
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** you are talking about the Throttle Body. You may also need the wiring harness connector (pigtail) to fix the broken wire. I don't see the specific vehicle info (year and model) and that may help me guide you. Let me know what I can do to help get your parents going.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Just following up to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance. If you have found my information helpful then please rate me with a positive rating so I get credit for my time. Thank you.