Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

96 vortek 5.7 I replaced the plugs and now No.5 cylinder is

Customer Question

96 vortek 5.7 I replaced the plugs and now No.5 cylinder is missing under load. also replaced thr cap, rotor, plug wires and fuel inj. spider
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: replaced plugs and it started missing on #5. I replaced cap, rotor, plug wires and spider as well
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: again replaced cap, rotor, plug wires, and fuel injection spider
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 5 months ago.
Hi there.Was the misfire there before you replaced all those parts? If not, did you re-check your installation? Is the onboard computer detecting the misfire and setting code P0305?
Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now.If it didn't, please reply.Best Regards.