GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE RADIO TO TURN THE ANTI

Customer Question

TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE RADIO TO TURN THE ANTI THEFT LOCK OFF SO CAR WILL START
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: TURN KEY ON TO START POSITION NO START LOCK LIGHT ON IN DASH CHECK EVERYTHING ELES GOOD BATTERY
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING SECUITY CODE ON IN DASH ITS IN LOCK MODE TRYING TO TURN IT OFF WITH RADIO DONT KNOW HOW
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 months ago.
Year?Make?Model?Is the Security Light on in the Instrument Panel (not radio)?When did this happen?
do you have this information? Year?Make?Model?Is the Security Light on in the Instrument Panel (not radio)?When did this happen?