Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

2010 camaro tire rub 305 35 22 dont want to change tires n

Customer Question

2010 camaro tire rub 305 35 22 dont want to change tires new
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Good evening,I would say your tyres are too large and you should return to the tyre shop.http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62838Your tyre should be a 30 profile not 35.The logical choice is change the tyres.Gary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Gary,The tire shop will not take the tires back I recently purchased the 2010 Camaro, and replaced the the tires with the size it had on. The rubbing is not bad its on occasional hard bump. But it does bother me. The wheels are 22 inch and I know they are not the correct size, but as opposed to changing a new set of tires and wheels which would be very costly, I was looking for a solution to the problem, such as adjustable coilovers, spacers of some sort, flaring the fenders or something a chevy expert would recommend.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi again,There is a chance if the tyre is rubbing the guard lip.Many panel shops etc can roll your guard lips up without paint damage for not much cost.If is the inside of the tyre then it becomes a bigger problem, if you then space the wheel out and fold the guards, it may be solved or may not.Coilovers plus labour would the third option.I would put the car on a hoist and inspect it for rub marks (body and tyres) to determine which path to take.I think the tyre shop should have known about the size limit before rubbing will occur.Hope this helps.Gary
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hi again,I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.Please rate my service at your nearest convenience.Kind regards Gary