Matt C.
Matt C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician

Code P069E 2008 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton WT 4.8 cylinder engine

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Starts, idles, then dies. Won't restart till it sits for awhile. Idles for 5 minutes then dies
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced fuel pump. Had it diagnosed to code P069E
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Engine light went on 2 months ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Matt C. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I would like to see if I could assist you today. The P069E code is an informational code. The purpose of this code is to direct you to scan the fuel pump control module for additional codes. You will need to perform a system scan with a scan tool able to perform code scans on all modules, not just the PCM. If you are able to scan the fuel pump control module, we will need to see what codes are stored there to find a starting point to diagnose this.