BOBBYSS, Master Technician

It misses at idle speed and through rpm driving speed put in

Customer Question

It misses at idle speed and through rpm driving speed put in New plugs cap and rotor and New plug wires checked spark on all six plugs and spark is good on all six don't know what to check next
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes was hoping to the truck ran fine when I parked it it sat for about three months and ran liwith a miss when I went to use it again
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: It's got quite a few miles on it but never uses oil has had good maintenance and has always ran good had a new distributor put in about five years ago by a very good shop ran great till now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am sorry to hear about your vehicle. Can you give me the year, model and engine size of your Chevy.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1998 Chevy k1500 4wd 4.3litre vortec
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No check engine light on and I've driven it approximately 25 miles
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. The most common cause of this engine running this way is the fuel injection unit. This has the infamous spider injection unit in the intake manifold that is known to clog and have numerous issues. In some cases a pressurized fuel injection cleaning will help. I have also has worn timing chains and bad I take manifold gaskets cause this. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes I planned on it I replaced intake manifold gaskets about six years ago but that doesn't mean they couldn't be bad again I'm agreeing with you on the injectors issue I have 267,000 on the truck and I've never touched the fuel train except for pump and filter
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 5 months ago.
I would suspect the fuel injection unit over everything else. Can you tell me if your scan tool reads live engine data while the engine is running?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No but plan on taking it to a buddies who has one that does on monday