Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet HHR LT: why does my chevy hhr 2011 shake when I am

Customer Question

why does my chevy hhr 2011 shake when I am stopped at the light and it makes a clicking noise.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Is the shake while stopping or one stopped? While stopping is most likely warped brake rotors. If its occurring while stopped, is the rpms level correct around 700-900? Have you tried cleaning the throttle body, checking the engine and trans mounts? If you increase the idle speed while stopped does it run better? Can you listen to the engine to see if the noise is from the timing area? If you shift to neutral does it still occur? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is while stopping or stopped at the light. The check engine light goes on and off intermittently and when I shift into neutral it doesnt do it.
With the new information. My comments combined with the previous ones. What codes are stored? A flashing check engine light means the computer has detected a misfire is occurring.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris