GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2004 Malibu. Power mirrors don't work at all. (appears there

Customer Question

2004 Malibu. Power mirrors don't work at all. (appears there is no power to that fuse) . Inside button for power locks does not work. Cabin trunk button works intermittently. Cruise control works intermittently.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2004 Malibu. Power mirrors don't work at all. (appears there is no power to that fuse) . Inside button for power locks does not work. Cabin trunk button works intermittently. Cruise control works intermittently.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. But if it is a BCM probably not.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: It stalls out when hot and the car is not moving or moving slowly. Might be fuel pump
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 12 months ago.
As far as the mirrors and door locks go the most likely cause is a broken wire in the door jam.Do you have a multi-meter to do some testing?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes. Seems to be no power to the fuse either
Expert:  Jared D replied 12 months ago.
I'm sorry. We were having major internet problems at the shop. I wasn't able to get the question to lock so I could respond all day. Can you test the following: 1. Check for the lock relay to click when commanding the doors to lock. 2. If the relay does not click, check the lock switch inputs in Body Control Module (BCM) data on the scan tool or by measuring the voltage on the White wire in terminal A2 in the Pink connector at the BCM: 12 volts idle, 0 volts in lock. 3. IF the switch input is good, test for a ground to the relay coil. 4. Test for 12 volts to the relay coil when commanding the doors to lock. 5. If no voltage, test for 12 volts on the Light Blue wire in terminal A8 in the Pink connector at the Body Control Module (BCM) when commanding lock. 6. If no voltage, check for loose terminals at the BCM. 7. If OK, the BCM is defective.