sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2005 Chevy 3500HD will not start. service 4wd on dash and no

Customer Question

2005 Chevy 3500HD will not start. service 4wd on dash and no PDRL selector visible
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 6.6l duramax with Allison Transmission. will not start has no selector illumination for PDNRL
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: traced wiring checked fuses replace tcm
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!You may have quite a few things going. The TCM may not be awake, there may be a range sensor or wiring issue. The PCM also receives a hard wired park/neutral signal, starter engagement isn't reliant on the TCM operating to monitor the range sensor.Do the PCM and TCM communicate with a scan tool?I assume the starter does not engage?