chrlsman
chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

Chevrolet Tahoe: Both of my low beams are out and I can't get

Customer Question

Both of my low beams are out and I can't get them to come back on and I cannot locate exactly where the fuses are for the low beams in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe
Category: Chevy
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
HI. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the GM techs here.The fuse box is located under the hood. I have circled both low beam fuses and the headlamp relay. Any one of these could cause the issue you have.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
Also, there is a TSB or technical service bulletin on this saying to inspect the bulb's wire connector (pigtail) for burns or corrosion. If you find any damage to the pigtail, it will need to be replaced. This is a common issue on this vehicle. Here is the TSB 10-08-42-001:ConditionSome customers may comment that the low beam headlamp is inoperative.CorrectionDO NOT replace the entire headlamp assembly for this condition.Replace the bulb and inspect the connector following the procedure below.1.Remove the lamp assembly, then remove the bulb. Refer to Headlamp Assembly Replacement in SI.2.Inspect the connector. -If the connector is NOT discolored or damaged, replace the bulb only. For bulb part numbers, see Headlamp Bulb (Low Beam) in Group 02.727 of the appropriate Parts Catalog.-If the connector is discolored at the bulb interface, replace the connector (service pigtail listed below) and bulb. 1.Cut the wires of the connector approximately 45 mm (1-3/4 in) from the connector and splice in the service pigtail connector. Ensure that the splices are not above the connector when re-installing. 2.Replace the bulb. 3.Verify that the headlamp is fully functional.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris