GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevy Cavalier: I have a 2004 Chevy cavalier, that before yesterday

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevy cavalier, that before yesterday afternoon, the engine sound was a low humming. I stepped inside a store for approximately a half hour, I put the into the ignition, the engine made the sound of starting a diesel truck, the engine was literally shaking, its worse on the driver passengers side, this shaking and vibration is also felt through the steering wheel. The car has never done this before, it has its usual maintenance check ups, safety checks. I'm afraid, my ex husband has done something to the car, while I was shopping. With the cars new, and sudden symptom s, what should I be looking for, or even looking at? Can you help me please? Thank you, *****
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. YES, I can help point you in the right direction. First, I need a bit more information from you before I can give you some accurate information. Is this humming coming from under the hood or from the steering/suspension possibly the drive train? Does this noise happen at idle when the vehicle is in park or does this happens when driving only? Is the check engine light on or flashing?