GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Rear brakes lock up when coming to a stop JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

Rear brakes lock up when coming to a stop
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2015 Silverado 3500 when coming to a sudden stop the rear brakes will lock up. I looked under truck and to me it seems like the e-brake cable on the drivers side is real tight with the brake released
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet just happened this morning truck is new
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: It has a lift kit on it besides that all stock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist does the wheel spin free off the ground?? a frozen brake cable will definitely cause the brake to lock up.are the calipers free??? not sticking???do you have a load compensator at the rear??? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Everything is free and spinning the only thing I can see is the ebrake cable on the driver side rear go to the rear wheels seems real tight
Expert:  Roy replied 7 months ago.
ok, then that needs to be repaired. most likely you will need to replace that cable to free up the wheel also, does it have a compensator valve as I asked??? Roy