GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 92 chevy p30 just dies and doesn't start. Changed ignition

Customer Question

My 92 chevy p30 just dies and doesn't start. Changed ignition control module, ran for a day now it's out of commission again
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Okay
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, a mechanic just got me for 1400.00
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Another ignition control module, bought a new alternator a 2 new batteries even thought alternator registered good at one store, bad at another. 9v or below has been the reading for the 4 days I've driven it since I had it, because it's been in the shop.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!