GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Ok here it goes,as i slow down to stop at a light or parking

Customer Question

ok here it goes,as i slow down to stop at a light or parking spot the engine will rev up and cause me to almost hit what ever is in front of me then if i shut the motor off and try to restart it will turn over an overan not start,but seems if i push the acc. petal to the floor it will eventially start and might be fine for 100 mile or so.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: sorry 2005 gmc sierra 5.3
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: yes while trying to restart after the issue the starter keeps turning over after i let go of the key for a couple sec.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, Is the check engine light on? If so, what are the fault codes?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is on but have not gone to local parts store to get them to read it
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,Ok, this really should be done as it will at least give a general area of concern and then we can do any pinpoint testing. This could be the throttle body, TP sensor, fuel pressure regulator, vacuum or air intake leak, computer issue, IAC valve, or one of a dozen other causes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok so when i get these code how do i get you again
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, just bookmark this page so you can return to it easily and then post the code numbers. Not the parts store's definitions which may be generic and not applicable to your vehicle. I will need the code number, which will be Pxxxx - example - P0505