GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

The trunk opens all by itself, even when I'm in the house with

Customer Question

The trunk opens all by itself, even when I'm in the house with the key fob facing straight up.
\
JA: Huh?
Customer: Yeah, it has been raining and snowing here for 2 days. I don't know if something got wet, but the trunk will, from time to time, pop open, whether I touch the car or the key fob or not.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It's not a noise.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I get the proper information for your vehicle and check for Service Bulletins? Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****