GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I drive a Chevy s10 4WD 3.7liter Automatic. I can't get

Customer Question

Hi: I drive a Chevy s10 4WD 3.7liter Automatic. I can't get the a/c compressor clutch to engage. I've checked two fusses in engine compartment and one in the cab. Gage cooling pressure is about 45 psi. I've moved the relays around. I want to check the electrical components, wiring and switches. I know about jumping the low pressure switch - no effect. I have a voltometer. Can you tell me what to check and what to check for?
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've checked freon levels with a gage(sic) . I've checked the fuses and I checked the relays.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No - It runs great - but no a/c
JA: Huh?
Customer: i have no air conditioning
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year of it please?