Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Chevrolet Corvette: my 1998 c5 corvette battery keeps draining

Customer Question

my 1998 c5 corvette battery keeps draining dead cant figure out whats pulling it down
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Put a test light between the negative cable and the negative battery terminal. With the key out of the ignition switch and the vehicle just sitting there (make sure the doors are closed) the test light should not light up bright. If it does, there is a draw! Disconnect one fuse at a time until the test light goes out. When it does, you have found the circuit that the draw is on! Here is a hint, a lot of times it is either the dome light or the glove compartment light that stays on. If you do not want to go through the hassle of the test, pull the bulbs out and see if that helps.