Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Having trouble starting 2005 chevy equinox. Have to try at

Customer Question

Having trouble starting 2005 chevy equinox. Have to try at least three times. Seems like dead battery due to radio dying and have to reset time. But it will eventually start, but seems like it's about to stall, then it catches and starts. Any thoughts?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No. Bought it at used car dealership as is. Wondering if there's a tsb because alot of people are having same problem
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No. It runs great except for the starting issue. The steering column is pretty tight and makesrubbing noises when turning wheel
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I believe I can help on this concern but I see you have been waiting a long time. I am sorry for that. Do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I am understanding correct, you turn the key, it cranks but you have to stop and crank it a few times to finally get it started and one started it runs poorly briefly and sometimes stalls then it clears up and runs fine? Does this occur with the engine cold and hot?Have you checked to see if servicing is needed like filters, throttle body cleaning, plugs, fuel and air induction cleaning. Any warning lights on?Does it crank with good speed or is it weak? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris