GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Just had a scan on my 2007 cadillac sts and it showed a PO

Customer Question

just had a scan on my 2007 cadillac sts and it showed a PO 700 Transcode, Control Valve Malfunction
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No first gear but resets after car is turned off but problem eventually returns.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not sure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Transmission, spleen, rear end have all been replaced by a dealership in the past 18 months
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.P0700 is telling the ECM that there is a code stored in the Trans control module.You need to get the trans control module scanned.When you get the code I will be able to help.I also need the VIN# ***** the car. Please get back with me Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Transcode cylinder 4-5 control valve malfunction
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
Still need to know the code
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is that scanned under the dash?
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
The same connector under the dash reads all module codes.The scan tool has to have the capability to read each module.Not all scan tools can do that.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know what code is setting.Also any other info that maybe displayed on the scan to.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
Did you still need help?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No because that was the only code information that was available and if it isnt enough then it doesnt do me any hood.
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
The scan tool you are using must only can read Engine Control Module.The code P0700 is just telling you have a Trans code set.Have you tried to take it to a auto parts store?They will scan it for free.If you want me to close this question and request a refund I will.Thank you