Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

Stabiltrack light comes on then off. And the check engine

Customer Question

Stabiltrack light comes on then off. And the check engine light is on
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Stabiltrack light comes on then off.....and the check engine light is on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not sure
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No not at present
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I get the proper information for your vehicle and check for bulletins? Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The car is in the lot and i will be working until 11 CDT. It is a 2009 Tahoe
Was the Check Engine light on steady or flashing?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Steady
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cant talk on the phone right now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Light is on steady
The Stabiltrack light is on due to the Check Engine light coming on, the computer disables the system. You will need to get the system checked for codes. It will not be a problem driving it. You can usually get codes checked for free at a local autoparts store like AutoZone. Check your oil level before you start the car again. It could be a bad sensor or wiring. After you get the code(s) it will be easier to diagnose the problem. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had the oil changed today. Would that make a difference?
It is possible if the left the oil cap off or if the oil dipstick isn't all the way in. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happyto answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your help
After you get the codes and give them to me I can help you further with the diagnosis.Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
And the VIN#