Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Replaced lifts in hvac area & gear shift ... All were working...

Customer Question

Replaced lifts in hvac area & gear shift ... All were working... But have installing a new radio they went out/ came back on briefly... Now out again... Bulbs are still good... any suggestions ??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I hav e a 2003 cavalier
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes... I have dash & console remove and access to all lights
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pull radio back out ( they came back on ... Then out again), check hvac & radio fuses, removed & replaced bulbs
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No.. All else is well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you havent yet check for any broken or damaged or shorted wiring leading to the affected lights.Usually when you have an issue like this here this can be due to damaged or shorted wiring needing repaired or replaced.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your reply, however, I did find & fix the problem yesterday. And yes? , it problem was a wiring issue.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
That is great to hear the fault has been located.If you need anything else here let me know. Thanks Pete