GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet S10 4x2: I have a 1994 Chevy S-10. The taillights

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Chevy S-10. The taillights only come on when the truck is running (engine revs up), the signal lights only work when the headlights are NOT on, and all tail lights shut off when the truck is braking (except the third light on top of cab, which works perfectly). Emergency flashers work fine, but when signal lights are working, they alternately flash on and off with the radio light (one on, other off). Checked all bulbs, they are fine (as are all fuses in dash fuse box). Also noticed that rear lights flash on both sides no matter which way signal light is turned.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.Going by the symptoms you describe, it sounds like there are a couple of electrical issues; one with no power to the tail light circuit with ignition OFF, the other with lack of ground to the rear lamp assemblies. I can help you with these issues, but only if you have a capable voltmeter and the skills to use it, otherwise we'll be both wasting our time. What do you say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a volt meter, not sure how capable it is. My skills are a little limited, but I'm a fast learner.
I'm afraid I just don't have enough time tonight. I'll opt out and open the request back up to other experts who might be able to help you. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this back to me and I won't be there to respond.Good Luck.