Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4: 2001 CHEVY TAHOE 4WD. BRAKES ISSUE. CANT

Customer Question

2001 CHEVY TAHOE 4WD. BRAKES ISSUE. CANT BLEED REAR BRAKES NO FLUIDS FROM CALIPERS. DISCONNECTED ABS LINE FROM ABS MODULE - NO FLUID. BLEED ABS MODULE. NO ABS MODULE CODES OR ABS LIGHT. front brakes bleed fine.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
you can call me(###) ###-####
Expert:  Gary replied 12 months ago.
I am sorry for the long waitdid you still need help ?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Yes. I think that the ABS module bad. I need to check is there is any test which I can run before I will go ahead and change the ABS.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is there is any test which I can run before I will go ahead and change the ABS?
Expert:  Gary replied 12 months ago.
if you loosen both lines at the abs unit when you step on the brakes do BOTH shoot good fluid ?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The front two calipers are bleeding fine, strong clean fluid. Both rear - nothing. I bleed the abs with obdII a few times. I disconnected the rear brake line from the abs module. I am not getting any fluid to the rear line from the abs.
Expert:  Gary replied 12 months ago.
are you getting good fluid from the 2 lines from the mater to the abs unit ?
Expert:  Gary replied 12 months ago.
if you are the issue is the pressure diff valve built inside the abs unit is tripped and blocking fluid to the rear portsusually using a vacuum pressure bleeder and opening both rear bleeders and then remove the lines from the master at the abs and then back suck with the pressure bleeder will usually snap it back into placeif that will not pull that valve back the unit would need to be changedthere is nothing to test it should have fluid out of the back port and if it has fluid in from the master and not out there is an internal failure of that valve if you can not get it to snap back into placeif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
There are two lines in from master cylinder to abs. Two line out from abs to front calipers. One line out to the rear. I disconnected just the rear line. My assamtion is that if both front have good flow MC is ok.
Expert:  Gary replied 12 months ago.
that is correct if both from the master have flow then it is in the abs unit and try back sucking like i said
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Will try it. Thank you.
Expert:  Gary replied 12 months ago.
anytime you can always get me back for any follow up for FREE even after you rate me here ta Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer