Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I had stabilitrac messabe abs message come up on dash, groaning

Customer Question

i had stabilitrac messabe abs message come up on dash, groaning in front (sounded like right front ) and error code C0040. i replaced the wheel hub assembly, much better but still occasionaly get the error and groaning (from traction control engaging).
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: repalced wheel hub assembly
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: clicking rattling noise right rear over some bumps
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Chevy Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I believe I can help on this concern but I see you have been waiting a while. So I need to first off confirm your still wanting or needing help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes. I replaced hub assembly and was good for a few days. Acting up again but not quite as bad. Usually just starting out or after backing up. Always with wheels turned to right. Thinking the other side of the connection is bad or loose. It looks the the female connector should have a rubber gasket or washer to help seal connection. Maybe it wiggled loose...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took the whole thing apart and put back together tonight but still doing it
Can I get the year, make, model?Will your tool do more than read codes, will it monitor the wheel speed sensor readings?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oreilley was able to pull code. C0040 wheel speed sensor. 2012 chevy impala
Thanks, ***** ***** have ruled out the sensor and the hub where the tone ring is. That only leaves the wiring left to blame. Can you visually inspect the wiring back to the ABS to make sure its not chaffed. Confirm the wires in to the back of the connectors are not loose. Confirm no connector pins are loose, bent, or corroded. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They all have the plastic covering on them. The connection seems a bit loose. For the $40 bucks I was thinking of buying the new harness. The picture I see looks like the connector has a costing or rubber type gasket to help seal the connection. That was my next thought
If there is anything else on this concern you feel I could provide to help, let me know.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris