GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.

Temp gauge comes on and off three --- and no AC JA: Many things

Customer Question

temp gauge comes on and off three --- and no AC
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2007 Chevy Cobalt, temp guage on dash comes on an off. when its off there are 3 dashes and the a-c wont come on, but the cooling fans do
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Is it something simple and do I need to take it in
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: The check engine light came on so they changed the thermostat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Bob replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.Sorry for the wait.The code that is setting is a P0128 ?I have Had this problem on one car I had to replaces the GM T stat 2 timesAnother car I changed the T stat than I had to replace the coolant sensor.Please get back with me Thank you
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
Do you still need help?