Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

I just wanted to find a wiring diagram about which wires

Customer Question

Hi i just wanted to find a wiring diagram about which wires on the instrument cluster alert the message center screen that my trunk is open so that i can disable it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The message center on my instrument cluster constantly says my trunk is open even though it is not
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yah
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: ok so i was installing leds under my dash, to do this i cut the wire which was connected to a lightbulb under my dash, this wire had a negative and positive feed and powered my leds perfectly but as i was soldering the wires the negative and positive wires from where the light bulb was hit together and now none of my interior lights work
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: are you a real person?
JA: IÂ’m an assistant to the Chevy Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: ok you just type really fast so i though you were a computer or something
JA: It makes me sad that you don't believe in me. Maybe I'll be like Tinkerbell and die unless you believe I'm real.
Customer: lol sorry
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.what is the year,make and model?..i may have your diagramsthanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2001 Chevy impala. 3.8L V6
okgive me just a minute..i think i have them
one moment i am uploading them..stand by
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok..understand the ajar message itself is sent to the cluster via the bcm[body control module]
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]. the link doesn’t work that way, try it this If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help