Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones,
Experience:  GM A Tech at Straub Buick GMC
15093763

Chevy impala 2008 error message: engine power rediced JA:

Customer Question

chevy impala 2008 error message: engine power rediced
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: chevy impala 2008 error message: engine power reduced
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no but my machanic has had it three times
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no great condition
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can see if there are any Service Bulletins?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2g1wt58n989187067
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
did u get that
There is a bulletin for Special Coverage if DTC P2135, P0121 OR P0221 is set as Current or in History. This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.You will need to get the car checked to see what codes are in the system.Attached is the bulletin. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what does this mean: here is a bulletin for Special Coverage if DTC P2135, P0121 OR P0221 is set as Current or in History.my machanic has had it three times he goes by the codes he already changed the throttle assembly.
What codes do you have in the system now?When was the throttle assembly changed?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
throttle body was changed last week and im getting the same error on the dash reduced engine power
What codes do you have in the system now?