GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 avalanche with the 5.3L. I have codes p0172 and

Customer Question

I have a 2007 avalanche with the 5.3L. I have codes p0172 and p0175. I have a snapon solus ultra scan tool. I'm trying to have the computer relearn for my fuel trim. right now it says I have a fuel alcohol content of 34%.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: with his help yes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: no Ma'am that's the only problem I'm havimg
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it would be easier if someone called me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****.I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.What is your VIN# so I can check for bulletin's?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
3GNFK12337G306799
A fuel trim DTC may set if the learned alcohol content, Fuel Alcohol Content parameter on the scan tool, is different than the measured alcohol content in the vehicle such that the fuel trim values exceed failure threshold values.